Software License Agreement
Access to and use of Election Assistant is provided on the following terms:
1. By using Election Assistant you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of Election Assistant. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to Election Assistant.
2. Election Assistant may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly as published at https://electionassistant.ca/terms. Your continued use of Election Assistant will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using Election Assistant. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on the Election Assistant website then the latter shall prevail.
Use of Election Assistant
3. You agree to use Election Assistant only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use of Election Assistant. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within Election Assistant.
4. All copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on Election Assistant and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in Election Assistant or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Election Assistant content in any way except for your own use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Election Assistant content. Any other use of Election Assistant content requires the prior written permission of Election Assistant.
5. The names, images and logos identifying Election Assistant or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of Election Assistant and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trademark, design right or copyright of Election Assistant or any other third party unless first agreed in writing with Election Assistant.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
6. Election Assistant content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Election Assistant, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. To the extent permitted by law, Election Assistant excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Election Assistant does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by Election Assistant is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Election Assistant for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content via the website.
Any views expressed by individuals or other companies referred to in Election Assistant content are theirs and, unless specifically stated, are not those of Election Assistant. Election Assistant is not responsible for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through or embedded in the pages of Election Assistant. Any links to third party websites from Election Assistant do not amount to any endorsement of that site by Election Assistant and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
7. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes Election Assistants liability caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, Election Assistant shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Election Assistant regardless of the form of action.
8. Election Assistant does not warrant that functions available on Election Assistant will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that Election Assistant or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
9. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
10. The failure or delay of Election Assistant to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive Election Assistant’s right to enforce that right.
11. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Canada which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
12. This agreement replaces all previous agreements, verbal and written.
Last updated April 1, 2022